Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Jeremy Miado is not giving up on his title dreams as he gears up for cage return


Jeremy “The Jaguar” Miado is part of a deep talent pool of Filipino mixed martial artists with huge potential, and his objective in the constantly-growing sport is to etch his name among the all-time greats.

Miado will take a big step towards fulfilling his dream to become the sport’s household name as he locks horns with undefeated Thai prospect Pongsiri “The Smiling Assassin” Mitsatit on the undercard of ONE: HERO’S DREAM, which takes place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar on 3 November.


The three-round meeting with Mitsatit is a critical match for Miado as he is looking to get his career back on track after suffering a razor-thin split decision setback to compatriot Robin Catalan in his promotional debut this past April.

“I am happy that ONE Championship has given me the opportunity to showcase my talent on a global scale. My goal is to be a world champion. This is the first step in my road back to the winner’s circle. Soon, people will know who I am,” Miado stated.

“This is my big opportunity to show people my capabilities as a martial artist. I am very proud and blessed that they are giving me this chance again. For now, I will do my best and train hard,” he added.

Although he is still a relative newcomer to the game, Miado is armed with a strong boxing background as he made a name for himself as a boxer in the Bicol Region and garnered an incredible 32-2 amateur record.

Relocating to Manila two years ago, it was no surprise that success has followed him as Miado amassed an impressive mixed martial arts record of 6-0 since making his professional debut in January 2016.

Miado’s success rate has already seen him claim regional titles such as the Blaze FC strawweight championship belt in December 2016.

The 24-year-old Filipino standout currently hones his craft at Underground Battle MMA Gym in Marikina City, where he is mostly training in anticipation of his second promotional bout under the ONE Championship banner.

As Miado seeks to earn his first win in ONE Championship, a tough task is in front of him as Mitsatit will look to build the momentum to produce on what promises to be a sensational mixed martial arts career against the Filipino.


Mitsatit took the world by storm in 2016 after winning his highly-anticipated first ONE Championship appearance when he defeated Myanmar's Ye Thway Ne in dominating fashion.

The 21-year-old native of Chiang Mai, Thailand followed up his impressive first ONE Championship appearance with a first-round stoppage victory over Filipino Wushu champion Rabin “The Rock” Catalan at ONE: WARRIOR KINGDOM last March.

“My opponent is an outstanding striker, but I am focusing on my ground [skills]. I am a striker, but I know what his skills are,” Miado said of his opponent. “I think his game plan will be to use his striking to overwhelm me. I am practicing my defense in the stand-up. But he needs to watch out for my takedown attempts.”

Miado has a burning desire to become a world champion someday and knows that he must pass his test against Mitsatit as another loss could set him back considerably.

“My goal is to become a world champion. I want to be at the top here. Eduard Folayang was my idol when I started in this sport, and now he is the ONE Lightweight World Champion, so it shows I can do it. I will be going for the belt,” he declared.

Miado is confident that he will be able to translate his winning roll in the local Philippine mixed martial arts scene into the ONE Championship cage.

“I want to compete because this is my passion. Manny Pacquiao is a superstar in boxing. Everybody knows him. My plan is to do my best to have a name like his in ONE Championship,” he ended.

​​For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ONEChampionship, and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship.

Like this post? Subscribe to Manila Life by Email
Like Manila Life on Facebook to be updated.

blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails