Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The X Factor: Celebrity Contestant Interview - Kevin McHale




Q) What made you decide to go ahead and compete on the series?
A) I thought it would be a great challenge for myself to see if I really loved performing, I had to convince myself that I wasn’t too old or had missed the opportunity. I hadn’t performed since the Glee tour in 2011, so the thought of going on The X Factor scared me, but I realised that is probably why I should go ahead and compete and see how it goes.

Q) Can you tell us if there is a difference between performing as Artie in Glee, and performing as Kevin on The X Factor?
A) Performing on this show feels entirely different to performing on Glee as firstly I’m on my own, and secondly, I’m not playing a character - it’s just me out there as myself. That in itself is scary because all the responsibility and pressure is on me, and because I’m not very competitive, I feel like I’m just competing with myself. Ultimately, I want to think about how I can go on stage feeling like I did myself proud. I want to watch back my performance and think I did a good job, that’s all I can do.


Q) How did it feel to get Louis’ safe seat?
A) It was great, I was really shocked. Each time you pick a song, you may think it will work - sometimes it will, and sometimes it won’t. You never really know until you go out there, so I was nervous as to whether it was going to work, and so it was great that Louis gave me his safe seat.

Q) More generally, how has it been working with Louis as your mentor?
A) Louis is fantastic and when you’re with him, you feel like you’re getting the real Louis every time, he’s not putting on an act. He truly cares and really knows and loves the show, so it’s nice to hear his perspective about everything.

Q) Which fellow celebrity have you been the most impressed with?
A) I think V5 are incredible! They’re going to have an amazing career, there’s not a weak link. They remind me of Little Mix in the sense that they are all super talented, where individually any of them could be successful but together, they are even more fantastic. They really care about the show and work really hard. However, everyone is so great- I’ve also found Megan very impressive in particular as she has been writing her own music, it’s been a great opportunity for her to tell her story.

Q) What would it mean for you to win the show?
A) I would just be shocked, I’m shocked that I’ve even made it this far! I haven’t even thought about winning, I’m taking it week by week, so let’s see how far I can get. Honestly I think it’s just great that Louis and the public have got me this far on the show and regardless of what happens, I’ve had the best time and it’s been a great challenge.

Q) Do you have a message for your fans who are watching the show around the world?
A) If you watch my performances on this show, this is, in the dream world, what I would get to do as an artist on tour. Therefore, I really just want to say to all my international fans that I’m really proud of these performances, and that I’m super excited to be showing myself as an artist for the first time.


The X Factor: Celebrity airs on Sundays at 7:55pm (6:55pm JKT/BKK) on Blue Ant Entertainment.
 
Like this post? Subscribe to Manila Life by Email
Like Manila Life on Facebook to be updated.
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails