Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Aung La N Sang and Tial Thang host media conference call

The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), recently held a media conference call, featuring ONE Middleweight and Light Heavyweight World Champion “The Burmese Python” Aung La N Sang of Myanmar and compatriot “The Dragon Leg” Tial Thang.

For complete audio of the media conference call, click here: http://bit.ly/2SYesfH 
Aung La N Sang, ONE Middleweight and Light Heavyweight World Champion, stated: “I believe that I will definitely win. I have fought Ken before so I know what he will do. I have fought in other countries before fighting in Myanmar. I am not worried about fighting in Japan. My mindset and attitude towards the fight haven’t changed at all. The cage will always be the same for me. I have been preparing for the fight with great effort. The fight with Ken this time will be the greatest of all the fights I’ve done before. We will put on the best show. Thank you to all the fans out there. I am eternally grateful for my fans and their love. Please keep on supporting me as well as Tial Thang. I will do my best for the upcoming fight and everything I can for the next generation.”

Tial Thang, ONE Athlete, stated: “It has always been my dream to be trained by Aung La N Sang and to join ONE Championship. I have been training everyday and preparing everything I can for the fight. I trust Aung La N Sang completely. I always look up to him as a role model. He is the best mentor I could ever ask for. I am very confident that I will win this fight and I intend to do so by wrestling or technical knockout in the first or second round. I am happy beyond words to be fighting in my country. I can’t wait to meet with the fans in Myanmar. I am ready for this! Please come and support me in my match happening on March 8.”

Aung La N Sang is Myanmar’s most successful athlete in history, whose impressive submission skills have earned him the moniker of ”The Burmese Python.” Born in Myitkyina in the mountainous Kachin State, he belongs to an ethnic minority known as the Kachin. Aung La N Sang captured the ONE Middleweight World Championship with a unanimous decision victory over Vitaly Bigdash in June of 2017. In February 2018, he defeated Brazil’s Alexandre Machado to be crowned the ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion. He is set to defend his ONE Middleweight World Title against Japan’s Ken Hasegawa at ONE: A NEW ERA in Tokyo, Japan on 31 March.

Myanmar-born “The Dragon Leg” Tial Thang is a 25-year-old martial artist set to compete in ONE Championship’s talent-filled featherweight division. Raised in Chin capital of Hakha where he practiced naban, a form of Greco-Roman style wrestling, Tial Thang hones his skills to become a well-rounded mixed martial arts competitor at Hard Knocks 365. After dominating the amateur ranks with his exquisite talent, Tial Thang fully realizes his dream to be a professional athlete, as he is scheduled to make his ONE Championship debut against Cambodian Kun Khmer practitioner Rin Saroth in a 68-kilogram catch weight contest at ONE: REIGN OF VALOR in Yangon, Myanmar on 8 March.

For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ONEChampionship, and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship.

About ONE Championship™
ONE Championship (ONE) is the largest global sports media property in Asian history, and the largest producer of millennial live sports content in Asia. Headquartered in Singapore, ONE is the Home of Martial Arts, and is the world's largest martial arts organization, hosting bouts across all styles of martial arts such as Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Karate, Kung Fu, Silat, Sanda, Lethwei, Mixed Martial Arts, Tae Kwon Do, Submission Grappling, and more. ONE hosts the biggest sports entertainment events across Asia, featuring some of the world's best martial artists and world champions on the largest global media broadcast in Asia. ONE eSports, a subsidiary of ONE Championship, runs Asia's largest global eSports Championship Series with some of the biggest blockbuster game titles in the world. In addition to its digital platforms, ONE Championship broadcasts to over 1.7 billion potential viewers across 138 countries with some of the largest global broadcasters, including Fox Sports, ABS-CBN, Astro, ClaroSports, Bandsports, Startimes, Premier Sports, Thairath TV, Skynet, Mediacorp, OSN, Great Sports, Tencent, and more.

Like this post? Subscribe to Manila Life by Email
Like Manila Life on Facebook to be updated.
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails