Wednesday, April 6, 2011

RIO is where we all want to be!

A nerdy macaw leaves the comfort of his cage in 
Minnesota and heads to Rio de Janeiro. 

20th Century Fox and the creators of Ice Age bring to us a heartwarming story of how Blu (Jesse Eisenberg; The Social Network; Zombieland), who got separated at birth from his birthplace in Rio, embarks on an adventure to relive and to return to his homeland and discover the richness of his culture and his true being.

I love the story, I love the characters, I love the animation and I love the soundtrack!  Perfect to watch on any day with kids as young as 4 as well as kids at heart.  Rio has a star studded cast to boast of, with such talents as Jesse Eisenberg as "Blu", Anne Hathaway (Princess Diaries) as  "Jewel", George Lopez as "Rafael", Leslie Mann as "Linda", Jamie Foxx as "Nico" and Will i Am as "Pedro".

The storyline focuses on "Blu", a blue macaw held captive and was taken to the care of Linda, they both live a simple yet happy life, not knowing what adventures lie ahead, as they embark on a journey to Rio de Janeiro to discover why Blu is and will always be a part of Rio.

The characters of the movie were very admirable, the animation and the 3D effects were very consistent.  I love it because it did not make me dizzy, as most 3D films would make you. I am sure your kids will love the cute characters and the cute birds!!  I'm not sure but I think Angry birds did some cameo on the film... tell me if I'm right ok?

Now, the music sequences in the film were amazing, definitely a site to see.  Jamie Foxx has definitely got that voice, he is just the perfect voice for that moment, blend it in with the musical master that is Will I am, then you got a winner.

You will be amazed by the color, the richness of the culture, the beautiful scenery and  laugh at almost everything witty.  It makes me want to be there.  I recommend this 3D animation flick for all to watch.  You will be happy you did.

Showing now at your favorite theaters.  Catch Rio in Digital 3D in selected theaters.

Thank you 20th Century Fox for the privilege, and it was one fun night indeed.


 
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails